Posts Tagged ‘windows login’
Did you know there is a way to make windows load your desktop and programs before you log in? well there is for those of us that have windows 7 pro or higher…
follow these simple steps and it will be done:
1. Create a notepad file on your desktop and name it “LockWorkStation.vbs”
2. Right click on it and press edit, then copy and paste the following code into the file:
3. Press the windos button on your keyboard and “R” at the same time (or press run on your start menu, enter the following into the run prompt: control.exe userpasswords2
4. When the window opens uncheck “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and the advanced tab and press the advanced button.
5. Go to the users folder and right click on the user you want the function activated on, choose properties click the Profile tab and in the “Logon script” text box enter the following code: LockWorkStation.vbs and save the settings.
6. Copy the “LockWorkStation.vbs” file to a folder where you want it, and right click on the folder choose properties and go into the sharing tab, press advanced sharing and check the share this folder check-box name the share NetLogon, set maximum users to 1 and make sure you’re the only user with read access to it press ok.
Didn’t understand? check this video to see how to do it: